Small Plates and Lots of Wine
On Saturday night, I did a wine tasting in PA for a dinner club that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law belong to. It was a fantastic evening! My SIL paired the wines I selected with some amazing small plates. Here was the rundown:
* NV Zardetto Prosecco: Boiled new red potato halves with créme frâiche topped with salmon and caviar.
*2007 Kim Crawford New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc: Mixed baby greens salad with a light vinaigrette and goat cheese.
* 2006 Trimbach Alsatian Riesling: Gorgonzola Stuffed Shrimp - jumbo shrimp butterflied, marinated, grilled & stuffed with a gorgonzola/cream cheese mixture and wrapped with proscuitto.
* 2006 Mauro Sebaste, S. Rosalia Dolceetto D'Alba: Fresh cheese ravioli with grilled eggplant caponata.
*2006 Chalone Vineyard Monterey Pinot Noir: Mushroom tartlets in phyllo.
* Broquel Malbec: Grilled steak & portobellas with parmesan shavings over radicchio.
* 1994 Dow Vintage Port: Silton cheesecake with rhubarb compote.